Why Centre Parcs?
For the last 8 years, we have visited Centre parcs EVERY year! We have tried to venture away, but whenever we look for a break in the UK, Centre parcs always ticks our box for the following reasons:
- Feel of being outdoors in the countryside as you cycle around to the ‘forest-like’ location.
- Includes a beautiful lake with a beach, lots of restaurants, grocery shop, and tons of activities all in one place (do note that activities are an extra cost!).
- Easily accessible locations via cycle (or by a bus which stops at regular intervals at prime locations).
- Suptropical swimming paradise including a wave pool, lots of slides, lazy river, and a few Jacuzzis – there is no cost to this.
- Accommodation is clean, stylish and modern, and you can even get a steam, sauna, games room, and jacuzzi in your lodge (depending on your accommodation budget!). They also now have Tree houses and Water lodges if you’re looking for more luxury.
- Baby/child/senior citizen/pregnant women friendly accessibility – the provide bikes with child’s seat, children’s trailer and mobility scooters. I even got a bike that I could ride 8 months pregnant!
Activities for all ages available – the ones that we have enjoyed are:
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Laser Combat (great with a big group)
- Cupcake making
- Messy play
- Balance bike experience
- Table tennis
- Adventure Golf
- Paddle boat riding
- Electric boat hire
- Ariel adventure for older kids and adults
- Ariel challenge for kids 5 and under (Mini trek)
- Mini 4×4 experience for 3-7 y olds (off road explorers)
- Quad biking
- Family photoshoot
- Aqua Sana (my favourite – an adult’s re-treat with fantastic steam rooms, jacuzzi and sauna (you can opt for a massage here too)
- Playground areas (free)
- Subtropical paradise (free)
We have visited Sherwood Forest (Nottingham) Longleat Forest (Wiltshire) Eleveden Forest (Suffolk) and Woburn Forest (Bedfordshire). They are all really similar in structure and look and feel. Woburn is a lot smaller so you could walk everywhere if needed to, and Longleat Forest is very hilly, so get ready for a workout on your legs as you up-hill ride on a bike! Longleat Forest is directly next to the Longleat Safari Park, so this was a bonus for us.
Value for Money
Centre Parcs is not a cheap get-away, but we like the fact it has so much to do in one place, all with an outdoor-countryside feel. For a 3-night long weekend break for a family of 4 lodge during the holidays, prices will be around £799 (this may vary depending on time of year, location chosen, and accommodation type).